Maryland Governor Larry Hogan has appointed Robert L. Wallace to the University Systems of Maryland Board of Regents effective July 1, 2018. The Regents oversee the system’s academic, administrative, and financial operations; formulate policy; and appoint the USM chancellor and the presidents of the system’s 12 institutions.
Robert Wallace’s economic development consulting services have supported companies and community leaders charged with accelerating economic growth. Since rising from a financially disadvantaged and racially segregated community to build three of his own successful companies, Bob has consulted hundreds of other leaders around the world – sharing his researched, tested and proven methodologies to unleashing economic growth and human achievement at all levels.
Wallace consults government and community officials and their organizations to design and execute targeted economic development strategies to:
- Maximize community competitiveness in the new global economy
- Harness strategic partnerships for profitable collaborations
- Empower disadvantaged businesses to accelerate and sustain growth
- Attract and retain companies to boost local economies
- Create global opportunities for domestic emerging markets
Diversify local industry and economic activity by promoting entrepreneurship
“I am honored to be appointed as a Regent for the University Systems of Maryland Board of Regents. Looking forward to serving and helping with moving the system’s needle forward.”
— Robert L. Wallace